Important documents you need when you buy a home:
When you buy a property make sure you have the following documentation before you take transfer of the property:
- Building plans, including all alterations, are up to date and including occupation certificates.
- The latest municipal accounts with respect to rates and taxes, electricity, water and other consumption charges.
- The latest levy and/or Home Owners Association accounts if applicable.
- Seller’s disclosure
- Electrical COC (Certificate of Compliance)
- Electrical Fence Certificate (if applicable)
- Gas Certificate of Conformance (if applicable)
- Beetle certificate (Cape and Kwa-Zulu Natal)
- Plumbing Certificate (Cape Town)
Your estate agent should provide you with these documents.
Inspected once, Inspected Right!®